Exodus is the 2nd book of the Bible
Writer: Moses guided by the Holy Spirit of God wrote the first 5 books of the Law (Luke 24:27, John 5:46)
Exodus means the way out
The Book of Exodus tells us about how God delivered His people (the children of Israel) from slavery and led them out of Egypt to the promise land Canaan after 400 years of slavery in Egypt.
The Exodus from Egypt probably took place around year 1440 B.C.
Exodus relates more miracles than any other Old Testament book and is noted for containing the Ten Commandments and the building of the Tabernacle.
- Godâ€™s people (children for Israel) are freed from slavery;
- The slavery of Godâ€™s people (Exodus 1)
- The call of Moses to be the leader of Godâ€™s nation (Exodus 2â€“4)
- Godâ€™s strong hand to free His people from slavery (Exodus5â€“11)
- The Passover as sign of Jesus Christ our Savior (Exodus12, 13)
- Godâ€™s people leave Egypt:
- Moses lead the people out of Egypt. God guided them in a cloud by day and fire by night (Exodus 13).
- God protected His people from the Pharaoh by opening a pass for them in the red sea when the Pharaoh and his army chased them
- The 10 commandments and the law of God (Exodus 20-24)
- The building of the Tabernacle designed by God (Exodus 25â€“40)
Weekly Questions andÂ Movies